Monday 20 January 2014

I made my own two-piece!

So I decided that I wanted to start making my own two-pieces! 

I decided for my first one to get some cheap fabric. I went to the fabric shop and I found some scrap fabric which I really liked in the basket and I only paid £1 for it :-)

So what I did first (I really apologise I don't have any pictures of my stages!

- First I went and borrowed a sewing machine off of my Grandma! 
- I bought chalk to make markings on the fabric
- Card to make my own patterns 
- And I chose the right colour thread. 

Then...

- Then I drew out the pattern using a top and shorts I already had at home. One thing I had to be really careful with is that the front and the back of the shorts will be very different! (You need room for your bum!)

- Then I laid out the pattern I made and cut around it twice! Front of the top and back of the top visa versa. 

- Once I cut out the piece I laid them together to check they were both the same if not I would trim around them. When sewing it together I think everyone has there own ways! I did mine different each time because I found better techniques! One thing I learnt was to double roll the hem so that it didn't fray. Also I learnt that I needed to curve my stitching around the bottom more so there was room. 

- Once stitched together I needed to add elastic to the waist band! I did this by sewing a section for the waist band first and then using a drawing pin I attached it to the end of the elastic and weaved it through. Once it was the whole way round I sewed the opening up!

And Wa La! 

Sorry that this wasn't very detailed and there weren't any pictures. If I thought about it before I would of created a tutorial! 

If a tutorial is something people are interested in, please message me! 

Heres how they turned out... 


This was my first one I created! 


Second one I made for my sister! 

The best one is the one I created after visiting the Fabric shop in Brighton! I will post that one soon! 

Thanks,

Charlotte <3


No comments:

Post a Comment